Friday, January 9, 2009

N'importe Quoi

  For school this week (and the next) we're having an elective session. Basically you take two classes (each three hours long) with lunch in between and then go home. I ended up taking Song-writing and Lifeskills. Both are relatively pleasant, and I've been enjoying song-writing. Who wouldn't enjoy sitting around for three hours messing with pianos, writing lyrics, and chatting with friends? Not to mention that as long as you eventually write a song it counts for school credit. I already finished my first song. It's no jewel, but maybe my readers would enjoy reading the lyrics?

"Anything"

 I'll keep my eyes open
And deny my fear
the satisfaction of knowing
that the end is near

fighting hard for tomorrow
though what I hold dear
and my resistance to sorrow
is sure to disappear

Chorus: So I'll just tie my scarf a little tighter
and my adversaries will know fear
history proves I was born a fighter
and I'll do anything to have you near

shortcomings can be overcome
and courage can prevail
yet though the battle is not won
all signs say I will fail

I've got my sword and shield
I'm ready for the day
I'm not about to yield
where there's a will there's a way

Chorus

to all who oppose, you'll see
my "white flag" is hard to find
all thoughts of letting you go free
have completely fled my mind

and when the smoke clears
reflected off of broken mirrors
is the promise of tomorrow
a day that's mine to grow

Chorus

3 comments:

Kanada Mikelle said...

This song makes me feel silly. :/

Anonymous said...

I'm so very impressed! Can't wait to hear it put to music. You are an amazing artist with true Godly gifts.

Marlene Kliewer said...

Thank you for singing your song for me. I am so pleased that are developing your musical talent. I know you will go far and "do wondrous things" in the years to come. Always remember, God has blessed you so that you can bless others. I love you.