Saturday, March 28, 2009

La vue clairement un jour nuageux



I think life is funny. Am I strange? I look at my grades, my home, my church.

 And I want to laugh.

There's nothing I can do. I can't work any harder on my schoolwork than I already am, I can't take a day off to make my room perfect and appease my parents chore demands, I can't sell everything I own and give the money to the church to keep it open, and I can't tell they guy I like how I would take a bullet for him when I see him only a few times a month and haven't had a decent conversation in a long time.

 So I just sit down and start laughing. Maybe I'm insane, but it makes me feel better if I  look at the stagnant water around me and make little ripples with my pinkies...

 Lately, I've been listening to Coldplay's album "Viva La Vida". I don't know why this album attracts me so much. It really isn't that great and all the songs sound the same, but there was a quote that struck to me while listening to it:

 " ...I see God come in my garden, but I don't know what he said
 For my heart it was not open, not open..."

 There's just something about that line that gets me. It's seems to say (to me anyways) that God could be right in front of me, but I'm not paying attention so I don't notice. It's kind of a painful thought for me because the first thing I think is " How do I pay attention? What do I need to give up?" 
So many things whirlwind around me these days. Memorizing play lines for English. Projects due in Algebra II, Latin,  and Musicianship. Finals coming up. Need to exercise. Church closing. New glasses. Warmer weather. Getting sick. Losing friends. Gaining friends. Grades slipping. Moving to San Francisco? Need to get a job. Tired. He doesn't like me back. Need to read that book. Keeping up. Jealousy. No time to draw. Listening to music. Headache. Trying to drown out the yelling. Taking punishments with a blank expression. Disappointment. Haven't made plans with a friend in three months....

 Etc, etc, etc. My mind is lost in a stressful haze, and wonder if I should be doing less laughing and more paying attention. God is out there waiting for me to put down my pencil and listen...


3 comments:

Kim Becker said...

You're an amazing young lady, Kanada. I love you very much, and I too would take a bullet for you. God is with you. You'll make it through this season of life and we'll all be OK. Hang on to Love. He won't fail you.

Marlene Kliewer said...

It's tough being 15 (almost) and there's a lot going on in your life right now that makes things even tougher. But you are on the right track when you said maybe you should put down your pencil and listen. If you can do that - you'll find the way to get through these tough times. I promise. You are such a bright and wonderful young lady. God has great and mighty things in store for you. I feel it deep in my core. So keep looking up and hang on. These days will pass.

Anonymous said...

Will we be seeing more of your Blogging as soon as your finals are over? Some of us really look forward to reading your words. You seem to have a wisdom beyond your years. Your writings are always so full of insight and are so interesting. Hope to see more from you soon. :-)